Thursday, June 26, 2008

My mother + pregnancy + the holidays = Oye.

Someone save me.

My mother wants to come down at Christmas when the baby is born.

She wants to help us out.

Help me out & take that plane ticket money ~ hire me a nanny instead.

She has horrible osteoporosis & is not supposed to pick up anything over 10 pounds ... that would be the baby. She can help with the Princess, but since she's still very much a "carry me" kinda kid, there's not a lot Mom can do on her own, without one of us pitching in to help.

It's not even that I know my mother stresses me out, and Hubs really can't stand being in the same room with her for more than ten minutes at a time. Even that stretches his ability to be nice to the breaking point. I just dread having her there, feeling like I need to entertain her with something more than Fox news, and being exhausted from having a new baby & a toddler to deal with ... all while Hubs hides in the office and tries to ignore my mother's presence.

I can't tell her not to come see her grandchild & I can't tell her that we don't need her ~ but I can't take Valium while I'm breastfeeding either.

Can I just ask her for the Nanny?

1 comment:

Constance the Super said...

Ugh. You have love offers of help like this. The kind that end up being more effort than they're worth. Sounds like my mom.

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template